The Adult Career Guidance and Information Service is a free, impartial and professional service offering confidential information, one-to-one and group guidance on the educational and career options available in Ireland and abroad.
This service is available to adults, prioritising those who are currently attending a course in (AES) Adult Education Service Blanchardstown or are unemployed.
The Adult Guidance and Information Service Blanchardstown offers the following:
- Person-centred career guidance and counselling
- One-to-one career/education guidance to help you make informed life choices only by appointment
- Information on all local and national courses and training
- Advice on CAO and other application procedures for colleges
- Information and advice on education grants, rights and entitlements
- Identification of skills, interests and goals in life
- Support in overcoming issues that may be holding you back
- Career planning
In addition to the above, for AES Blanchardstown students the service provides a student centred approach on:
- Regular one-to-one guidance sessions with the Guidance Counsellor by appointment
- On-going educational support and guidance throughout your time as a student
- Job seeking skills, CV preparation and interview skills
- Talks and seminars with Access Officers from colleges, universities and employers
- Support with applications for free fees to college – SUSI/Uversity grant
- Support in completion of CAO and application forms for colleges
- Stress management techniques and psychological support
The aim of the service is to support you to make the right decisions about returning to education, training or the workforce, and to help you make those decisions within the context of your wider life.The Guidance office and Information Library is located in the Adult Education Service, Main Street, Blanchardstown.
For further information contact:
Beti Marinescu, Guidance Counsellor
Phil Allen, Guidance Support Worker