What is the Back to Education Initiative (B.T.E.I.)?
- Part-time free courses for adults, who did not complete the Leaving Certificate (or equivalent).
- Education and training for people in employment who want to upgrade their skills and get qualifications.
- A link to full-time further education and training and a progression route from basic education.
- A chance to combine education and training with family, work and other responsibilities as there is a wide range of flexible options.
- BTEI allows you to study part-time without affecting your social welfare payment.
BTEI courses are free if you:
Have less than upper second-level education.
Get a social welfare payment.
Have a current full medical card.
What about accreditation?
Courses offer certification usually at QQI Levels 3, 4 and 5 on the National Qualification Framework (NFQ).
How many hours per week and for long are the courses?
Courses can vary from 1 hour to 12 hours per week and can run from 6 weeks to 30 weeks.
What type of courses can you do?
- Business Administration
- Office Skills
- IT Skills
- General Learning and General Studies