OFFICE SKILLS QQI 4 – BTEI 2022R – 350474 – TERM 1/TERM 2
What is the aim of the programme?
The aim of this programme is to enable the learner to develop the relevant knowledge, skills and competence in a broad range of office skills which enable employment, under direct supervision, in a general office, or progression to further education or training.
Successful participants will develop knowledge related to office skills, organisation, personal and interpersonal skills and work experience in a relevant office environment. The modules incorporate business English, business calculations and maths to also develop the participant’s core skills in these areas.
Students are offered ESOL support if needed. All our students avail of free Career and Educational Guidance and Information service.
What is the course content and certification?
On completion of this programme, this course leads to full award QQI Level 4 Certificate in Office Skills. Learners will have the skills, knowledge and competencies in a broad range of office skills which enable employment, under direct supervision, in a general office, or progression to further education or training.
|Bookkeeping And Accounts||Bookkeeping & Accounts (4N2267)||QQI – Term 1|
|Business Calculations||Business Calculations (4N2279)||QQI – Term 1|
|English And Communications Level 4||Communications (4N0689)||QQI – Term 1/2|
|Information Technology Skills||nformation Technology Skills (4N1125)||QQI – Term 1|
|General Offic E Skills||General Office Skills (4N1116)||QQI – Term 1|
|Functional Maths||Functional Mathematics (4N2138)||QQI – Term 1/2|
|Reception Skills||Reception Skills (4N1867)||QQI – Term 2|
|Spreadsheet Methods||Spreadsheets Methods (4N1120)||QQI – Term 2|
|Work Experience (4N1168)
Business English (4N1108)
|QQI – Term 2
QQI – Term 1/2
What are the entry requirements?
- Education: Applicants should have a standard of knowledge, skill and competence equivalent to NFQ Level 3 when accessing a Level 4 programme. Applicants may have participated in primary and secondary education although no formal qualifications are required.
- Aptitude: Applicants must have a motivation to learn, an interest in the subject and the ability to acquire the knowledge, skills and competencies set out in the course.
- Previous Experience: Applicants must be able to demonstrate a moderate range of knowledge, skills and competencies relevant to the course, be able to work with responsibility and demonstrate the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Screening Process: Applicants are invited to an English reading and writing and numerical assessment regardless of previous education attainment. This assessment is called screening. Based on the outcome of this screening, applicants may be invited for interview, offered an alternative course to suit their learning needs, placed directly onto a course or referred to our Guidance Service
How much does it cost?
There are no fees for people who fulfil one or more of the following criteria:
- Adults who are in receipt of a social welfare payment; or
- Adults who left school early; or
- Adults who did not complete the Irish Leaving Certificate; or
- Adults who have a valid medical card
- Adults who are on credits.
When does it happen?
This course is part time, during the day and it takes place in Adult Education Centre Riversdale, Blanchardstown Road North, Dublin 15.
Term 1: Start Date 12/09/2022, Duration 15 weeks – Part time
Term 2: Start Date 17/01/2023, Duration TBA – Part time
*This course, times, dates and modules are subject to change.
How to apply?
Please apply though www.fetchcourses.ie clicking the link below before the start of term.
If the application deadline has passed and you still want to be considered for the next intake or put your name on a waiting list, please contact the reception in Riversdale at 01-8236532.